Back in the summer 2014 I posted about the latest addition to our family – a Pond. But that optimism evaporated (unlike the rainwater) and by October this was my post. We had had enough. Repairs could and should wait. In any event we already knew we needed to do some extra construction work around the outside. And that I how we reached Easter. We collected bits of wood, and stone, we rebuilt the back bank with layers of turf and most importantly we bought an extra thick liner so the slate problem should no longer concern us (the slate? Read the second post above ; I guarantee you will weep – that said, if you want a giggle have a look a the ice bucket challenge in the hole in link one, and also in link one, see the video of me attacked by Dog).
So here we go; the Return of the Pond…
This how we left it – the water is purely rain and the drop is from the leak – slow, sure, but very certain. You can see the new back bank held in place by stones
In goes the pump
And here’s the first for Hugh – the Pond Specialist…
Those damned slates are still necessary – they stop foxes eating the liner!
And that’s a real hosepipe people…
The liner went and, end of day one, we had a skeleton pond
Dog is charge.
Day two, the pond edge needs levelling after rebuilding
All the materials for the edging is ready – now for a dry run
Hmm, is that the best mix? Let’s ask the Textiliste
And the Lawyer is now back involved
So that’s day two done; tomorrow… well… Day three is always important!
So Day Three
The edges needed setting out, a final dry one
We marked each rock and log to make sure they went back in the right spot
We took all the pieces away and prepared the ground for the new liner.
Second picture Hugh – happy Pond Specialist…
re-lined with sand and ready for the new liner
In it goes and we start filling
The water we pumped out we saved and then returned; soooo green
End of day three and the bridge is in and the pond full; now I’m off for a meal with friends while these two clean up. The rocks and logs around the edge will go in tomorrow
Here’s the edging… it’s complicated…
… so we needed the Textiliste.
And they we have it. Now all we need is a few tenants bring on the frogs and toads…
See the pipe to allow the amphibians an easy in and out route…
And there we have it. No leaks, no more digging and we are pretty bloody pleased.