Challenging myself from A to Z

Do I really need a logging challenge, to post every day in April except Sunday? Really?

What the heck, of course I do.

I signed up to the challenge here and decided my theme would be places. Not that you need a theme but since it’s good to have a starting off point and, for me, the A To Z was the indispensable guide to London when I arrived in 1979, it sort of fitted. Tomorrow, April 1st (oh well, the jokes can flow then) I’ll post A and we will see how far I get.

The advice is to keep the posts short. That really isn’t my skill but I’ll try and vary where the daily letter prompt takes me. So far, I plan to segue from Aberystwyth to Devon, Fern Hill to Halifax. A lot are undecided and will be written on the hoof.

Hope you enjoy them.

And I will leave you with a picture from today, showing the Vet and her boyfriend in Perth together with a couple of Australians, one of whom has, apparently, already pocketed his Easter eggs…..

wombat

This entry was posted in A to Z blogging challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Challenging myself from A to Z

1. I could never do this blog challenge. EVERY day?! Sends me into a tizzy. Can’t do it. At least not now. But so many are participating. Kudos to all of you who are! Best of luck, not that you need it, and I’ll try to keep up with your posts. “Places” is a great theme.

P.S. Awesome photo.

2. Sacha Black says:

Lol, that’s a right pair of eggs!

3. roweeee says:

How long is the Vet in Perth for and is she coming to Sydney? I’ll be at Palm Beach for 2 weeks and they’re more than welcome for a night or two. My aunt lives in Fremantle.

Just Perth. The boyfriends folks are from there and granny is 90 so there’s a bit of a party. It will have to be next time. But thank you for the offer! And glad to hear the elephant was smaller than you feared. I had to laugh at the crushed tablet. I have vivid memories of evil tasting grit mixed up with golden syrup when I was I’ll as a child.

• roweeee says:

I had a big exodus to Perth when I was in my 20s in pursuit of romance and also fleeing from what I thought was stress but turned out to be unraveling hydrocephalus.
        It appears that even though the problem is mild with my daughter, the impact is not so mild-mannered as she struggles to get her head around it all. I’ve never handled any of my diagnoses well so I can’t imagine a 9 year old would do any better. She arrived home from school yesterday. Hadn’t eaten her lunch. Got stroppy with me and threw stuff around her room. Creating this kind of mess is not the sort of catharsis that helps your situation. She was fine once she calmed down enough to eat. Tonight at cubs they were talking about scout principles or law but being thrifty came up and looking after your possessions and you should have seen the look on her face! Ouch!!

Ha! The one rule in our house was that, if we were to feed and finance the children then the return on our investment was the right to embarrass them at times of our choosing. Good to see a little squirming now and then…

• roweeee says:

I like that!

4. Good Luck! Remember to get some sleep as well as all the other activities you seem to be involved in… My Dad, much against his will when his parents moved there, was brought up in Halifax and has plenty of stories about freezing Saturday afternoons as a teenager watching Halifax Town at The Shay as there was absolutely nothing else to do except aim flour bombs down the funnels of steam trains etc, and pubs didn’t stay open all day back then! As soon as he was demobbed after the War he went home and then moved to London as soon as possible, never to return except on visits! Looking forward to the A-Z posts.

Me the same, only mine was the glorious New Forest – wild, free and as dull as two Victorian pennies – I couldn’t wait to get away. Thank you for the good wishes.

5. Autism Mom says:

I am very exciting for your blogging challenge – I think your topic is genius! I am really looking forward to it.

You will breeze it!!

7. Rachel M says:

Haha, great pic!

8. Those eggs look a bit pickled to me!

Best of luck with the challenge Mr Le Pard.

9. So happy I came across your blog through this challenge! I love the eclectic feel of it and look forward to reading more! 🙂