Beast for a day

ronovan-writes-haiku-challenge-shadow

Ronovan’s latest Haiku challenge is here. Check it out.

Our two words are

BEAST  and DAY

I’ve come up with three this week

First up, stimulated by Sacha Black’s prompt here

It snapped; the beast froze.

A predator or a prey?

Not the rabbit’s day.

Then a rhyming one to compliment the first

It’s the least a beast

Can do for you to stay a-

way and make your day.

And finally what I intended all along

Every day, her tasks mount:

Wash, clothe, feed, school, fix, hug, love.

The family’s beast of burden.

This entry was posted in poems, poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Beast for a day

I like all three you are improving. A veritable avalanche of beastly Haiku. 😉

2. You’re a very talent man in more ways than one. To come up with three haikus with the prompt words Ronovan asked to include, is one very good job (because they are hard words to work with – well I think so anyway). Hopefully I’ll be joining you in the haiku hall of fame this week, so you better watch out because I may just bring an Austrian ski instructor with me 🙂

3. lorilschafer says:

The last is my favorite – maybe because it’s the most relatable! 😉

4. AJ says:

Those were really good. I feel a little dumb though, my reader didn’t break it up so it all read as one continual piece so my first read through I was a little lost. Now that I read them correctly, all three are excellent. You did good!

Aw, some days the rabbit is dinner…and every day Mum has to fix it. 😉

I always enjoy haiku: doesn’t take long to read, but can sometimes take a while to digest. Like the rabbit, perhaps? I like the first one best. Not too keen on being the beast of burden myself! Or dinner for a beast! 🙂

7. rogershipp says:

Excellent! Mom and Dad a wonderful creatures!

8. Pingback: RonovanWrites Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt Challenge 34 Review | ronovanwrites

9. Pingback: Writespiration #31 | Sacha Black