Haiku for you too

Another week, another haiku challenge from Ronovan and this time the prompt is:

Wait and Move

Let’s see what we can find from these two words. Remember the form: three lines with a  5-7-5 meter.

First up a problem some mornings

We wait, bowel and me

As constipation dithers; tensing

We move; free at last!

More poignantly in Ukraine

They wait, lives on hold

While in warm rooms, strangers play chess

With real people. Whose move?

This entry was posted in miscellany, poems, poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Haiku for you too

How else would I get through sloughs and troughs of the day without your whit! 😉

Waiting is all relative. I have a poetry question — does meter refer to the syllable count?

Ah, I think you have a point and I have misdirected myself (as judges say over here when they’ve made a cock up in court). Syllables are what a haiku requires whereas meter is the de dum de dum rhythm when reading a poem.

3. Claudette says:

I enjoyed these. I found the first very poignant 🙂

4. Meredith says:

You surely will win humorous! I laughed so hard!

5. Ronovan says:

I have a dilemma of my own now. (shaking my head, vigorously to remove the image!!!!!)

6. Pingback: Weekly #Haiku #Poetry Prompt Challenge 31 Review | ronovanwrites