It’s live!

It’s exciting to announce, as foreshadowed last week, that my first novel

DEAD FLIES AND SHERRY TRIFLE

is now available on Kindle. Here’s the link.

If you do decide to try it out, then please think about a review.

And as it is my first and a lot of people have suffered with me to bring it to this point, I intend making some recompense by donating all the proceedsΒ to my local youth charity, Streatham Youth and Community Trust. For more on what SYCT do, click here.

For those of you who are still paper based when it comes to books, I am working on the paperback version. Watch this space.

And finally THANK YOU to all those who have shown me support and given me encouragement over the last few days, months and years.

This entry was posted in miscellany, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to It’s live!

1. Mom says:

I gotta click on this. That may be the single best title I’ve ever seen!

2. Dylan Hearn says:

Many, many congratulations! It’s a great feeling, publishing your first book. I wish you all the best of luck and hope it becomes a smash hit πŸ™‚

3. Sherri says:

Woo Hoo! How wonderful Geoff, many, many congratulations, can’t wait to read it. I have a Kindle Paperwhite now but part of me would prefer the paperback. I promise to read your book as soon as I can in either form. Crack open the bubbly, it’s time to celebrate. So happy for you πŸ™‚

4. Yvonne says:

Congratulations! It’s got a very intriguing title and cover. I will check this out very soon.
    And I just noticed you’ve got my blog listed in your favourites. Thank you so much!

That’d because you were one of the most balanced commentators on the referendum I came across. When I was young and a bit of a boy I had a motorbike. I couldn’t afford for anyone else to service it so I bought a Haynes manual and used it as my guide to sort out any issues. I don’t know if they still exist or if you ever came across them but they had pages of easy descriptions and photos of what you were seeing and led you, step by easy step through the impenetrable spaghetti that was the internal combustion engine. As they didn’t come from the manufacture they told you if something was unnecessarily difficult or stupidly put together and gave you cheats to sort them out. Your referendum posts were like that for me; simple unbiased guides to how it all fitted together. I’m rather hoping (not really) that we do end up with a referendum on Europe if only to have your take on it!

• Annecdotist says:

Ooh, Yes those Haynes manuals were fab – not that I could ever follow them but they looked good on the bookshelves. I wonder if they are still around? Nowadays it’s all electronics and hard to do it yourself.
        Oops, I’m responding to this is if it’s your blog post!

Love these strings of conversations!

• Yvonne says:

I’ve never been compared to a Haynes Manual before! My husband will love it! He definitely has several still lying around.
        I’ve just seen your book is around 5000 in the UK Amazon rankings – WELL DONE! (And I haven’t bought yet so it will go higher.)
        And please do tell your secret for marketing! I feel pleased whenever mine scrapes inside the top 100,000.

I really don’t know, Yvonne. I have to admit to not having looked yet. Probably my children who are ferocious supporters.

5. Jan says:

Congratulations Geoff! Have downloaded a copy and look forward to reading it. I expect it has gone through some changes since I last saw it. I have spent the last few weeks rewriting mine! Now has a new ending and some new characters!

I was so excited to see your post this morning that I shouted it from the rafters of the barn at Carrot Ranch, downloaded it and promptly forgot to comment here…sheesh…BIG CONGRATULATIONS! I’m already through chapter one and hooked! Love the character, Harry Spittle!

7. Annecdotist says:

Yay, congratulations, Geoff, how did you celebrate? Presumably you got over all those formatting gremlins? Now you’ll have to do a post on how you did it.
    I’m looking forward to everyone’s reactions to That Scene!

8. This is so exciting! I will download ASAP. Congratulations! πŸ™‚

(I’m glad you’ve settled on a Nano book to work on.)

9. LindaGHill says:

Congratulations, Geoff! πŸ™‚

10. Cindi says:

Norway residents can order paperbacks through amazon.co.uk, but can only download to Kindles through amazon.com. A couple of books I want aren’t available through .com yet …. but yay, yours is!! So it’s downloaded and I’ll be jumping into it very soon).

11. Amber Prince says:

How exciting! Congratulations! And you are already on Goodreads, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23437711-dead-flies-and-sherry-trifle.I can’t wait to read it.

12. lorilschafer says:

Ack! I’m so far behind I didn’t even know you’d released already! Can’t wait to read it! πŸ™‚

Woohoo! Congratulations Geoff! I have just purchased my copy and look forward to reading it. Now I can find out what happens to all those characters I was introduced to in your taster a little while back!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )